Petco Park — Home of the San Diego Padres
San Diego, California, USA
San Diego Padres ‘Light Up’ Petco Park with Musco’s LED System
“We are proud that Musco LED sports lighting will provide not only a brighter and more uniform lighting experience for our athletes and fans, but also will make our ballpark more energy efficient. Musco’s ability to install, test and commission its product during a busy non-baseball event schedule this offseason is a reflection of its experience and professionalism. We’d also like to thank Cisterra Development for its partnership on this project.”
— Mark Guglielmo
Padres Vice President of Ballpark Operations
General Manager of Petco Park
The San Diego Padres unveiled a new state-of-the-art LED lighting system by Musco Lighting at its home opener against the Los Angeles Dodgers on April 4th at Petco Park.
Finding a solution that would reduce spill light and glare was a priority. The SportsCluster Green™ LED system with specially designed optics, cuts glare both inside and outside the stadium. This is especially important due to the venue’s proximity to neighboring buildings in the heart of downtown. The system combined with Musco’s 40-year application knowledge provides several benefits for athletes, fans, owners and HD broadcasts:
- Improves visibility allowing for players to clearly see the trajectory of the ball
- Enhances television broadcasts by eliminating the “flicker” effect during instant replays and providing a more focused light on the field
- Ensures reliable performance with lighting, electrical, and structural components engineered as a complete system
- Introduces show-time elements with special effects
- Eliminates maintenance with a comprehensive parts and labor warranty backed by a team of technicians
Additionally, the new system will help the Padres reach its sustainability goals with a 42 percent reduction in energy consumption compared to the prior lighting equipment. This reduction in energy usage is comparable to taking 660 cars off the road for one year.