St. Mary's Stadium - Southampton FC
Southampton, United Kingdom
Southampton FC Turns to Musco to Replace Other Manufacturer’s LED Lighting
“We looked at a number of different service providers and found Musco the most innovative and able to design a system that actually worked in our stadium. For us, working with experts to design, install, and maintain a compliant, cost-effective, and reliable system has been very refreshing.”
— John McWilliams
Director of Operations
In 2014, Southampton FC installed another manufacturer’s LED lighting at its home ground, St. Mary’s Stadium. But after major problems with reliability, glare, and inadequate light levels, the club turned to Musco to replace the lights with its Total Light Control—TLC for LED® technology.
- The system overcame architectural challenges that had always been a problem at St. Mary’s.
- Players and fans are no longer affected by glare thanks to patented fixture visoring.
- The Club gained an experienced partner with project management expertise to achieve their lighting goals.
- Light levels meet Premier League broadcast requirements and provide better HD broadcast quality.
- The lighting features cutting-edge special effects creating light shows at St. Mary’s for the first time.
Southampton will also avoid paying any maintenance costs through the year 2028 thanks to Musco’s 10-year parts and labor warranty.