Sterlington Sports Complex
Sterlington, Louisiana, USA
Financing Options Make Sports Lighting Possible at Sterlington Complex
“If you have a Musco representative near you, talk to them. They’ll go out of their way to make sure a lighting solution is designed and engineered to fit your specific needs.”
— Caesar Velasquez
City of Sterlington
The only facility of its kind in northern Louisiana, Sterlington Sports Complex needed a lighting solution for its 12 fields that would meet the community’s needs on a variety of fronts. In the end, project leaders chose to partner with Musco due to the superior capabilities of its system, financing options, and warranty.
- Sterlington was able to defer payment until after installation, allowing the new complex to start generating revenue; without this financing plan the lighting project wouldn’t have been possible.
- Further cost savings were realized thanks to the system's customized design which applied light to the complex's parking lot as well.
- Players aren't affected by glare from lighting on their field as or from adjacent fields as a result of the system's patented glare control technology.
- Facility managers can turn the lighting on and off from their homes with the touch of a smart phone, eliminating the need for extra staffing or late-night trips to the complex to manually flip switches.
- The community won’t have to pay for any maintenance for 25 years thanks to Musco’s parts and labor warranty, which Sterlington described as the best it’s seen.