Quicken Loans Arena
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Cleveland Cavaliers Turn to Trusted Partner Musco for New LED Lighting at “The Q”
Known as “The Q”, Quicken Loans Arena is northeast Ohio’s premier sports and entertainment facility located in the heart of downtown Cleveland. The Q is home to the NBA Cleveland Cavaliers, AHL Cleveland Monsters, AFL Cleveland Gladiators and the annual MAC Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournament. The Q hosts more than 200 diverse ticketed events, concerts and family shows that draw over 2 million patrons to downtown Cleveland each year. Upgrading to a new LED lighting system was important in maintaining the venue’s reputation for providing a world-class entertainment experience.
Having worked closely with Musco on previous lighting projects at The Q, the Cavaliers knew they had a trusted partner with the industry’s leading technology, along with proven service and support. The decision was made to install Musco’s SportsCluster® System featuring Total Light Control—TLC for LED® technology, a high-quality and versatile solution that would meet the lighting needs of the facility’s wide range of entertainment events. Key benefits include:
- Better Visibility – the system’s patented optics around the LEDs apply a more distribution of light across the court and seating areas immediately surrounding it.
- Glare Control – the patented visors on the TLC for LED fixtures virtually eliminate glare from impacting players and spectators.
- Improved Broadcasts – the lighting meets television broadcast requirements and removes the “flicker” effect that can disrupt slow-motion replays.
- Enhanced Entertainment – the new lights integrate with the arena’s center-hung LED scoreboard and LED fascia around the seating bowl, helping to deliver enhanced special effects lighting.
- Zero Maintenance – Musco’s 10-year parts and labor warranty means arena management won’t have to worry about system maintenance, or pay for it, over the long term.