In order to comply with new requirements set forth by Minor League Baseball (MiLB), the Salt Lake Bees determined that a lighting upgrade was necessary at its home, Smith’s Ballpark. In addition to meeting MiLB light level requirements, the organization also wanted a system with instant on/off and special effects capabilities to create an exciting new atmosphere for fans. After observing the performance of Musco’s Total Light Control—TLC for LED® and Show-Light™ entertainment package at other MiLB stadiums, club owners knew they’d found their solution.
- Smith’s Ballpark has achieved MiLB lighting standards with an average of 100 footcandles delivered to the infield and
75 footbandles to the outfield, while avoiding the creation of dark spots and shadows.
- Fans enjoy an exciting new stadium experience as a result of Show-Light’s special effects for pre-game light shows and celebrating home runs and team wins.
- The lighting’s system design and instant on/off capabilities delivers more reliable performance compared to the stadium’s previous lighting, which struggled with frequent fixture outages.
- The Bees won’t have to pay any maintenance costs through the year 2043 with Musco’s long-term warranty covering every part of the system and all labor.
- The organization now has a true partner that provides 24/7 service and support through the Control-Link® controls and monitoring system, as well as the fully-staffed call center Team at Control-Link Central™.