“Anyone in the market for new sports lighting, you need to seriously consider Musco. The customer service, the technology, the experience they have in the industry, and the warranty was huge. From a school district standpoint, to know that for the next 25 years these lights are going to be good and are going to work for us.”
— Jon Mauro
Bellevue West High School
While West High and East High in Bellevue, Nebraska may be fierce rivals on the field, one thing both schools shared in common was the need for upgraded sports lighting. At West High’s football stadium, the existing lights weren’t achieving necessary light levels for visibility, and the baseball field lacked lighting altogether. East High was dealing with reliability issues with existing poles at its football stadium, and the lights at the football and baseball fields were old and outdated. To achieve their goals in terms of light quality, glare and spill control, reliability, and ease of controls, Bellevue School District determined that Musco’s TLC for LED® technology was the superior solution.
- Visibility at both school’s fields is greatly improved, with the football fields achieving an average of 50 footcandles, while the baseball fields achieve 50 footcandles on the infield and 30 footcandles in the outfield.
- Players and fans are able to track the entire flight of the ball like never before as a result of BallTracker™ technology, which lights the ball’s underside and creates more contrast against the night sky.
- Staff at both schools can control their lights instantly, from anywhere, with the touch of a smart phone and no longer have to make late-night trips to the fields to manually turn them off with Control‑Link® system.
- Homes neighboring the fields at West and East high schools aren’t affected by glare or spill light due to patented glare control and the system’s ability to direct the light precisely where intended.
- Bellevue School District won’t have to pay for maintenance at any of the fields until the year 2044 with Musco’s 25-year warranty that covers every part and all labor.