“We’ve had a great relationship with Musco and they’ve provided a high level of service and support. Overall, the response has been incredible. The support has been amazing. And Control-Link simplifies managing the lighting and their Team is very responsive.”
— Ryan Ridenour
Casteel High School
Even with the rapidly growing popularity of sand volleyball at the high school level, few schools have built cutting-edge facilities devoted to the sport. Chandler Unified School District in Arizona wanted to change that when it decided to build an $840,000, state-of-the-art sand volleyball complex at Casteel High School. The new complex features top-notch amenities—including beach sand imported from California—and opted for Musco’s Total Light Control—TLC for LED™ technology to put the complex on par with Division I college facilities.
- Players enjoy exceptional light levels and quality, with 50 footcandles across the six courts, making the most out of a limited power supply at the site.
- The District has distinguished itself in the sand volleyball circuit, being among the first to have a state-of-the-art complex which will also host elite tournament and club team play.
- Energy consumption at the site was reduced 77 percent compared to if the District had opted for typical metal halide equipment.
- The District won’t pay any maintenance costs through the year 2044 with thanks to Musco’s 25-year warranty that covers every part and all labor.
- The complex lighting can be scheduled, controlled, and managed instantly with the touch of a smart phone thanks to the Control-Link® control and monitoring service, which also provides 24/7 support to the District at Control‑Link Central™ service center.