As part of a $14.9 million upgrade to infrastructure and athletic facilities, Dexter High School constructed two new fields to be used for soccer and lacrosse. Leaders with the City of Dexter wanted both fields to be equipped with lighting as a way to maximize their use, but needed a system that wouldn’t create spill light or glare for drivers on North Parker Road to the west, or affect the homes directly to the east of the new fields. They chose Musco’s Total Light Control—TLC for LED™ system.
- Players and fans enjoy exceptional on-field visibility with 45 footcandles delivered uniformly across both fields, as well as Musco’s BallTracker® technology which enhances visual acuity and allows players to track the flight of the ball better.
- Drivers passing the fields and nearby residents aren’t impacted by spill or glare as a result of the system’s precise light control and patented visoring around the TLC for LED fixtures.
- The school saved money that it had originally budgeted for project planning, with the planning expertise and assistance Musco provided early on as part of the process.
- Multiple staff members can control the lights instantly, from anywhere, as a result of the Control‑Link® controls and monitoring system, eliminating the need for late‑night trips to manually turn the lighting off.
- Further cost-savings for the school were achieved by a 74 percent energy reduction compared to metal halide lighting equipment, and Musco’s long-term parts and labor warranty which eliminates maintenance costs through the year 2043.