Formerly known as Nassau International Airport, Lynden Pindling International Airport (LPIA) serves as the primary travel hub for one of the most popular vacation destinations in the world. When the Nassau Airport Development Company (NAD), which owns the airport, determined it was time to replace the existing HID apron lighting, it was looking for an advanced LED retrofit solution that would eliminate maintenance concerns, be more energy efficient, and meet international aviation lighting standards. Project leaders chose Musco’s TLC for LED system for its turnkey scope, light quality and control, and state-of-the-art controls provided by the Control-Link® service.
- The airport gained a partner and solution it knew it could trust, after researching the quality and reputation of Musco’s technology and due to its partnership with ARC Aviation Renewables Corporation, with whom NAD has had a longstanding relationship.
- LPIA no longer has to worry about constant repairs or maintenance with the solution’s complete system design, utilizing the existing poles to reduce costs, ensuring better reliability and trouble-free operation.
- The system’s adaptable lighting provided a more efficient solution, a result of Control-Link’s wireless technology which controls each pole individually, allowing the airport to dim the lighting at individual gates when not in use.
- Ground crew, pilots, and air traffic controllers won’t be affected by glare as a result of patented visoring around the
TLC for LED fixtures, minimizing glare in ways other manufacturers can’t.
- NAD won’t have to pay for maintenance on the new lights through the year 2029 with Musco’s long-term warranty that covers every part of the system and all labor involved.