After 20 years of planning, construction on Fort Missoula Regional Park in Missoula, Montana began in 2019 after passage of a county-wide bill. For the second phase of the project, the park needed high-quality lighting for softball and baseball fields that would provide excellent on-field visibility while also complying with the area’s stringent dark sky regulations. Project leaders thoroughly researched various options, and found that Musco and its Total Light Control—TLC for LED system was the solution that would best meet all of the park’s lighting goals.
- Park users gain exceptional visibility and the lighting is dark-sky compliant as a result of the system’s precise light control, which also prevents glare or spill from affecting homes just north of the complex.
- Staff can control the lights instantly, from anywhere, and have 24/7 support with Musco’s Control-Link® controls and monitoring system, simplifying facility management and avoiding late-night trips to the complex to manually turn lights off.
- The park won’t pay any maintenance costs through the year 2044 with Musco’s long-term warranty and performance guarantee that covers every part of the system and all labor.
- The lighting’s distinctive system engineering ensures better reliability and trouble-free operation, with electrical component enclosures located near the base of the pole, only a standard maintenance ladder is required for servicing, eliminating the need for a crane or lift.
- Fort Missoula Regional Park is now home to the first LED-lighted softball complex in Montana, which has become a point of pride for the entire community.