New Trier High School in Northfield, Illinois is well known for its success in athletics, earning more than 120 state championships in various sports over the years. For its football program, the school wanted to upgrade the lighting at Robert Naughton Field, where the aging HID lights were not meeting lighting standards and were creating dark spots in certain areas. School leaders chose Musco and its Total Light Control—TLC for LED® technology for its superior light quality and uniformity, as well as the system’s advanced controls and 24/7 support.
- Players and spectators experience better visibility with light levels of 40 footcandles applied uniformly across the field,
as well as patented BallTracker™ technology which allows the ball to be tracked through its
- The school can easily schedule the lighting well in advance to coincide with busy practice schedules, and staff can use their phones to control the lights instantly, from anywhere, with the system’s Control-Link® monitoring service.
- Nearby homes directly across North Happ Road aren’t impacted by spill light or glare, nor are drivers on I-94 which passes the stadium to the west, as a result of the system’s patented visoring technology.
- Energy consumption at Robert Naughton Field has been reduced by 74 percent compared to the prior lighting, helping to reduce overall cost of ownership for the school.
- The school won’t have to pay maintenance costs through the year 2044 with Musco’s long-term warranty covering every part of the system and all labor involved with servicing it.