With the existing HID lighting at Novi High School’s football stadium outdated and consuming far too much energy, administrators decided to upgrade to a more efficient and versatile LED system. They also needed a solution that would include new poles for most of the lighting, while using an existing mounting structure for the rest. Having partnered together on several past projects, Novi again turned to Musco and its Total Light Control—TLC for LED technology for a customized, hybrid system that would adapt to this unique architectural setting, improve energy efficiency, simplify facility management with easy-to-use controls, and create a more memorable experience for fans and athletes.
- Energy consumption is reduced by 74 percent compared to the previous metal halide equipment, resulting in a more energy-efficient operation.
- Staff can control the lights instantly, from anywhere, with a smartphone, avoiding the need to go to the stadium late at night to manually turn them off.
- The school gains proactive 24/7 scheduling and monitoring support from the Control-Link® system, ensuring reliable performance and necessary light levels.
- The school won’t pay maintenance costs through the year 2044 as a result of Musco’s long-term warranty covering every part and all labor.
- Fans and players will enjoy superior visibility with the system’s custom optics designed around the LEDs and Musco’s unique BallTracker™ technology, achieving greater on-field light uniformity.