As part of a large renovation project, the Seoul Olympic Stadium, South Korea’s largest sports arena, installed a new LED lighting system.
Built for the purpose of hosting large, world class sporting events, the stadium has hosted the 1986 Asian Games, 2013 EAFF East Asian Cup, and the 1988 Summer Olympic. Currently, Seoul Olympic Stadium hosts several musical concerts and is home to Seoul E-Land FC. Wanting to replace the previous lighting with a more efficient system, officials chose Musco’s SportsCluster® System.
The new system provides the stadium with several key benefits, including:
- Energy Efficiency – Reduces energy consumption by 63 percent from prior 2000-watt metal halide equipment, while increasing light levels by more than 67 percent
- Light Control – Includes customized optics create a stage-like atmosphere on the playing surface, reducing glare for spectators and athletes
- Maintenance – Eliminates maintenance costs and headaches with our 10-year parts and labor warranty
- Entertainment – Interfaces with a specialized control board for special effects
- Reliability – Provides reliable performance with lighting, electrical, and structural components engineered as a complete system